Senior Full Stack Developer (PHP)
Memiah is on a mission to create a healthier, happier society by nurturing ideas, promoting positive mental and physical health and bringing people together. We operate a network of websites to help connect individuals with professionals in areas such as counselling, life coaching, therapy and nutrition. We have over 21,000 members and pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service.
We have also recently launched Happiful Magazine, a monthly wellness publication looking to reduce the stigma around mental health and are currently working on a happiful mobile app which will be a hub for happiness that brings all our users, stories and professionals together.
Before you read on, we have a few questions…
- Do you want to make a difference in the world?
- Do you have a passion and energy to work on products that will help promote positive mental health, nutrition and other subjects to improve the general wellbeing and happiness of our society?
- Are you a software engineer who can produce elegant solutions to computer science problems?
- Do you write clean, maintainable code?
If you can answer YES to the above questions then this role might be just what you are looking for!
We are now looking for a Senior PHP Developer with full stack experience to join our engineering team in our office-based capacity to help improve our existing services and applications, and to build new ones.
A typical working week may involve…
- Collaborating with development team to improve our platform for our customers via Slack and Github.
- Building beautiful web pages and mobile applications that connect people in need of help with self-care information and wellness professionals.
- Helping us transition from a legacy monolithic application to a RESTful API-driven micro-service architecture (you can read our API docs here - NB: it's currently in alpha!).
- Contributing to our growing open source code library.
- Taking part in an off-site hackathon to build a mobile app, or test new technology.
- Ensuring our code and infrastructure is fast and secure.
- Improving our code deployment and testing pipeline.
What can you offer?
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- 5+ years PHP development experience.
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks: WordPress, Laravel, Lumen, MVC and PSR standards
- A demonstrable record of contributions to open source projects.
Desirable skills / experience
- Degree in Computer Science/Computing/Software Engineering or similar
- Application development experience in React Native or Ionic.
We offer the following benefits:
- A competitive salary depending on experience plus a discretionary performance based bonus plan.
- Up to 5% employers' matched pension contribution
- 32 days holiday entitlement including public/bank holidays and end-of-year office closure (increasing annually to a maximum of 38 days).
- A unique working environment that will recognise your achievements and celebrate milestones
- Flexible working hours, and finish 1 hour early on Fridays (short 34 hour working week).
- The latest equipment to work on, e.g. MacBook or MacBook Pro plus multiple monitors.